Am I the only one that finds the prospect of writing award posts absolutely terrifying?
To be perfectly blunt, I’m just not that interesting.
An entire post of me just answering questions is daunting. Plus, after a while, I just get weird. Like, on first meeting me people either immediately think that I’m really, really nice or really, really reserved – but after a conversation or two we can all agree that I’m really, really just a fucking weirdo.
But, regardless; here we are. So today I have two awards to share!
- Mystery Blogger Award
- Liebster Award
First off, I just want to say a massive thank you for these nominations! It means so much for you lovely ladies to nominate my blog; I genuinely didn’t expect it, especially considering that my blog is only like two weeks old! (At the point of writing . . . Knowing me, this will get uploaded late.)
This OOTD was inspired by these awards because, being a blogger, I genuinely feel like I’m part of a “bad bitch” club. You girls are all the truest definition of beautiful baddies – you’re intelligent, witty, inspiring, supportive and I just love being a part of the blogging community. (You’re all also gorgeous, but that’s not really why I read your blogs or admire you so much.) Not to get too sidetracked here, but one of the things I love the most about blogging is the feeling of having a community and having amazing souls a world away that you can connect with.
Okay, enough of me rambling!
The first blog award is by Kittyp0p, she of the insanely great eyebrows. If you haven’t already, definitely go and check out her blog – she’s just the sweetest thing ever. Massive thank you for the nomination!
Mystery Blogger Award
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
(I love the name; I feel like some sort of mystical unicorn. Or like Justin Trudeau before he sheds his PR friendly skin and the evil lizard inside leaps out. He’s going to take over the world and reveal his evil dictator insides one day. God, I love that guy.)
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 or more people, notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice (including one weird or funny question), and share a link or links to your best post or posts!
Three things about me:
(You’re going to regret this one.)
- I have never been charged full price for any of my tattoos. I have three tattoos at the moment and every single tattoo artist I’ve been to has docked money off my final fee. However, as this is usually because we get along so well (I’ve been very lucky with my tattoo artists), I always leave a tip so that they get at least what the initial price was.
- I genuinely have no idea what my skillset is. I mean, I have a general idea but every-so-often I’ll try something, expect to be terrible at it and then remember that I had lessons as a kid and that I’m actually pretty decent. This happened with ice-skating – which is really fun, by the way; highly recommend.
- 18 has been the best year of my life – so far. Okay, so I’m on a mission to make every year of my life the best so far, but 18 has won by a gap. In the seven months since I’ve been 18, I’ve travelled to Mauritius, Lisbon, Valencia, Milan; I’ve seen Guns’N’Roses and Red Hot Chilli Peppers and System Of A Down and The Weeknd live; I’ve been to two music festivals; I’ve had three tattoos. This year has been amazing – and the best indoctrination into adulthood that I could’ve asked for.
Here are the 5 questions that Kittyp0p has asked me:
1. Where did you grow up?
South London born and bred, baby. Part of the reason that the Grenfell Tower incident upset me so much is that, like a lot of my friends, I’ve lived in blocks exactly like that in my life.
2. When did you start your blog? Why?
I started this blog two weeks ago to the dot (I’m writing this on the 19th July); I used to run another self-hosted blog, but I really missed being on WordPress.com and how close I felt with my audience. So I decided to come back home! I also love setting goals and targets and launching a new blog is really fun and exciting for me.
3. What childhood memory is your favorite?
I think my favourite childhood memories have to be when I was in primary school; I used to have a really close-knit group of fun friends (I had two sets of best friends; Lizo and Christian; Klaiv and Gray) that I’d get into loads of mischief with. I was (still am) a massive tomboy and I remember one time we climbed on the garage roof and broke it.
4. If you could solve one of the world’s worst problems, which would it be?
Anti-biotic resistant diseases, or climate change.
5. How tall are you?
This is a sore spot for me, thanks. I’m 5″4/5″5.
Okay, those are my answers! I hope you aren’t too bored (we still have another award to go, cries.)
Here are my nominess:
- ThriftedLuxe. This is my soul sister – great taste in music, absolutely lovely lady and fantastic blog content. Get following!
- TheTravellingDiaryOfADippyDottyGirl – one of my all time favourite blogs (and bloggers). I swear to God, go and take a read of her blog and you’ll be laughing out loud by the end of it.
- Kali Borovic
- Brooke Nicole Clarke
My five questions for you awesome people:
- Do you have a dream? What is it?
- How would you describe yourself in a paragraph?
- What do you value the most in people?
- What are your defining characteristics?
- What is the angriest you have ever been in your life?
Okay, onto the next leg of this race! The next award is:
From the crazy inspiring Ashley Gulley. Thank you for the nomination!
Liebster rules are:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Ugh. Why all the facts about me? I have none. I’m not real; I’m an abstract concept.
(I usually plug my Insta in blog posts; it’s pretty much the only social media I’m regularly on.)
- I believe in intuition – big time.
- I’m obsessed with mythology
- Sarcasm is literally all that I’m good for
- I have existential crises pretty regularly
- To that point, this week I’m happily settled into the “we’re just really, really advanced Sims inside a game” theory.
- When I was growing up, literally all I wanted was to be a fairy
- I’m being deadly serious; it’s a dream of mine to be a tiny person in a massive world and have to climb everywhere
- In case it wasn’t abundantly clear, I’m really, really weird
- My dad is my best friend ever and he’s also a complete weirdo
- I love cartoons – my favourites are The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Adventure Time
- I kind of can’t wait to get old.
And now that we have 11 meaningless facts about me, let’s answer even more questions. If this isn’t an exercise in narcissism, I don’t know what is.
I’m in love with this gif; have it again.
- What’s your favorite book to read? Oh no – you cannot do that to me. I love Skulduggery Pleasant (judge all you want; it’s laugh out loud funny), The Book Thief, King Hall . . . There are really too many.
- How do you like to start your day? Not productively, if that’s the answer you were hoping for. I put off getting up until the very last second, then run around like a headless chicken trying to get to work on time.
- What is one thing you can’t go without? Conditioner.
- Where would you like your next vacation to be? Our next one is in Cyprus in August, which I’m excited for – but one I want to go on is to the Tomato Festival in Spain.
- What is your favorite quote or phrase?
- Who inspires you?In a weird way, everyone. Some people inspire me to be absolutely nothing like them, true – but everyone inspires me somehow.
- What would you tell your future self? Society is nothing more than a construct, social norms change all the time, so do whatever the fuck you want and keep doing it. Unless you’ve suddenly got murderous tendencies, then repress the shit out of those.
- Flying or boating? Flying. I get sea-sick.
- What is the last thing you blogged about? Well, I wrote up a travel post, but I think the last upload is another OOTD. Damn, I need some variety.
- What is a summer goal you have for yourself? Exercise more. I miss it.
- Where do you see yourself a year from now? Hopefully doing more of the same. I hope to just be starting university, so probably no full-time job – but I’m pretty happy with my life right now, so I hope to still be at this sort of stage.
Here are my 11 nominations:
- Shreya Vohra
- Jade Mayhead
Well… I was the idiot that forgot to assign you questions (thanks for telling me, Kittyp0p!) So here they are:
- What’s your favourite blog post you’ve done so far?
- What are your five year goals?
- Most vivid dream you’ve ever had?
- If you had to live through any disaster scenario, which one would you choose?
- What scares you?
- Why did you start a blog?
- What’s the best thing about you?
- What are your thoughts on cloning?
- Any crazy conspiracy theories you secretly agree with?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted your followers to know about you?
- If you could give new bloggers one piece of advice, what would it be?
Okay, that’s this awards blog post done! I hope you all . . . well, I think “enjoyed” may be too optimistic, but I hope you didn’t fall into a pit of despair during this post.
I know there was probably a slight information overload what with the OOTD and the two awards and all of the unwanted information about me – but what did you think of the outfit? I’m obsessed with the tee! Let me know all your thoughts in the comments!