This easy tutorial shows you how to make an aesthetic marble pattern hair clip in a few simple steps. A perfect DIY gift for her – or way to give some of your old hair accessories a new lease on life! Affiliate links in post.
Hello, beautiful people, and welcome to what is sure to become a regular feature on this blog: TikTok made me do it. Maybe not in the typical sense (this isn’t a craft I originally saw on TikTok) – but I’ve had so much fun sharing mini projects over there that I’m 100% going to continue doing it.
(In case you missed that not-at-all subtle hint, go follow me on TikTok! My handle is @crystalsandcurls)
While I’m definitely drawn to larger projects, I know a lot of my followers prefer easy crafts. Things that can be completed in 10 minutes and don’t require a large investment. (And you guys are the smart ones here. I cannot tell you how many projects have up cost me more than the item that inspired me!)
So I’m enjoying dabbling in 10 minute craft projects – and I hope you’re loving them too!
Anyways – onto today’s craft. We’re going to be making this super groovy, psychedelic hair clip. It’s a fun (and beginner friendly) way to upcycle hair grips you have lying around . . . And it’s the perfect summer accessory!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A hair grip (one linked is similar to the one I used)
- Acrylic pouring paints in your set colour
And that’s it!
STEP-BY-STEP HOW TO MAKE:
Because this is only a little project, I don’t have a full blown Youtube video – but watch my TikTok for the tutorial below!
- Cover the surface you’re working on and use a sheet of cardboard between the jaws of your clip
- Squeeze your acrylic pouring paint into a container, making sure to have an equal amount of each colour in each layer.
- Pour paint over the first side of your clip until you get the desired effect. Leave to dry.
- Turn your clip over and repeat step 3 on the other side. Leave to dry. And that’s it!
RELATED CRAFTS TO TRY
Are you shocked at how easy and cute this is? Me too! I can imagine this clip paired with a little slip dress and some sunnies – the perfect summer outfit.
Alright lovers, we shall end at the end! I hope you enjoyed this little DIY hair clip tutorial. Would you try this yourself? How would you style it? And drop your TikTok handles below so I can give you a follow!