Looking for a new vitamin c serum that won’t irritate your skin, but will provide results? Have a read of my Klairs Vitamin C serum review. They’ve got just the thing! Affiliate links in post.
Hello, beautiful people, and welcome back to my corner of the web! Today, we’re going to be talking all about skincare.
Now, if you’ve followed me for a while, you may remember my years-long battle with acne. I tried acne-specific skincare, diets, antibiotics, DIY solutions, and more – until eventually Roaccutane came and fixed my face. (Thank you, our Lord and savior science, for that miracle drug.)
My experience with having skin I truly hated, however, has given me nothing but appreciation for the skin I have. And the drive to improve/maintain it.
Now, there are a few “miracle skincare ingredients” floating around that every beauty junkie will be familiar with. (Retinol being one I swear by!) However, one that I’d never managed to wrap my head around was vitamin c.
My trusty The Ordinary’s vitamin C product did nothing but sting my face and give me trust issues.
Well, I’ve cracked it. Or, more accurately, Klairs have cracked it. So join me for my Klairs Vitamin C Serum review – and I’ll tell you all about how it’s earned a spot on my “auto-repurchase” list.
WHAT DOES KLAIRS VITAMIN C SERUM CLAIM TO DO?
This hypoallergenic vitamin serum was formulated with stabilized pure Vitamin C to treat dead skin cells, dull skin tone and enlarged pores. Use overnight to enjoy brighter complexion and clearer skin on the following morning! – Source: Klairs website
DOES IT LIVE UP TO THAT?
Definitely. This serum is amazing and it has a visible effect on my face. (Which is what we’re all after, right?) As always with my reviews, I decided to list some of the benefits that I’ve found so far:
THE BENEFITS OF KLAIRS FRESHLY JUICED VITAMIN C SERUM:
- The price point. While not on The Ordinary’s level of cheap, this is still a very affordable serum. It costs $23 for 35 ml and comes with a pipette, so you really only use a little at a time.
- It’s really gentle. At only a 5% Vitamin C concentration, this is gentle enough for newbies or those with sensitive skin – but still wonderfully effective.
- Pores are visibly shrunk. Pores aren’t something I think about too much because . . . well, they’re not acne. And that’s really all I care about. That being said, my pores have all-but disappeared.
- Great at reducing discolouration. If you’ve followed me for a while, you may remember when I shared my top products for fading acne scarring. Well, we have another addition to that list! Since using this serum, my discolouration has disappeared even more and I would just like to say a big thank you.
- Skin looks brighter when you use it! This is definitely a serum that you can see working on your face. Even at the end of a long day in front of a screen, my face still looks bright and happy if I’ve worn this bad boy.
- It doesn’t trigger my acne. This is one of the most important things I look for when I’m testing a new product – I didn’t even get a bump of irritation!
- Klairs are a cruelty free brand and this product is vegan! Which we love. Around 80% of Klairs’ current products are vegan, so you do have to check individually; however, I’m pleased to announce their vitamin c serum is!
- The serum is formulated without nasties. It’s free of animal-derived ingredients, ethanol, silicones, artificial dyes and artificial fragrances.
That’s a pretty long benefit list! As I’m sure you can tell, I’m a big fan of this serum and cannot recommend it enough. It’s definitely earned a spot on my auto-buy list.
CURIOUS ABOUT THE CURIO CABINET MY SERUM IS LIVING IN? LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT BELOW!
Alright, my loves, we shall end at the end! I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you guys ever tried this serum? Would you give it a crack? Is vitamin C part of your beauty routine? Let me know your thoughts down below!