Hello, my beautiful people! Despite the weather being stuck in the past, it is firmly spring – and your girl is taking advantage.
I don’t know about you guys, but I love spring. Spring and summer are tied for my favourite seasons; summer is the time to cut loose and have fun, but spring is the time for motivation and growth. Spring is rejuvenating – spring is the time of year to get shit done.
And, my dear sweet friends, I am going to get a lot done. Even better, I’m going to be sharing a lot of cool shit with you. So today’s post, right before we kick off April, is going to be giving you a sneak peek at some of the things coming up on the blog during spring . . .
1. Collab month!
The first big reveal . . . For the entire month of April, I’m going to attempt to have every one of my posts be a collaboration post. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- I always say I want to collab, but never prioritise it. It takes way more effort to organise a collaboration post, so it pretty much always gets pushed to the back of the queue. If I can’t post anything but collaboration posts, I’m going to actually get my ass in gear and do it!
- I want to get back into the blogging community. As per my disappearing act last month, I feel like I’ve been out of touch with everyone – so a month of collab posts will be great to reconnect.
- Collab posts are fun. I mean, not all of my reasons have to be all deep and meaningful, do they?
I’ve got some cool posts planned, but I definitely have some space if anybody wants to get in on the action! I’m open to ideas (I mean, I am definitely not turning away free content ideas) but here are a few posts ideas I’d love to collab on:
- How To Balance Work/Life/Blogging
- Setting Up A Creative Space
- Blog Branding
- Week In The Month Of A Blogger
- Travel Related Posts (guys, I haven’t posted about New York or Toronto yet, which is just sacrilegious.)
- Blogging Tips
- A Brand Spotlight
- Spring Fashion Edit
Hopefully, this means you’re be going to be getting some awesome content – but you should also be introduced to some fabulous bloggers. If you do have any cool collab post ideas or you want to do one of the above, shoot me an email at: email@example.com.
2. 2,000 followers giveaway!
Guys . . . We only hit 1,000 followers in December, but we hit 2,000 in March.
The blog family doubled in 3 months.
Doubled. In two months! That’s fucking insane. Now, I said I wanted to do a 1,000 follower giveaway – but we’ve now hit 2,000 of you . . . so where to go?
Naturally, this is still cause for celebration enough to have a giveaway – it’ll just have to be bigger and better. I was planning to do my 1k giveaway in early-April, but I think we’re going to push that back to mid-April because I want to do two prizes . . . and I just paid out for what I’m about to share with you next.
I’m going to Italy! The first trip of the year is finally here – and it’s gonna be a great one. On Mother’s Day, my mother, grandmother and I booked a three-part holiday to Italy through the wonderful Wowcher.
We’re going to be hitting Rome, then Florence, then Venice. We fly out on the 21st of April and are out there for a week. Italy (aside from Milan, which I highly don’t recommend) is one of my most-loved places on this beautiful planet we call earth, so I am unbelievably excited. Plus, the temperatures over that time reach highs of like 20 degrees . . . so your girl can be rocking some outfits for you!
Okay, so this was just a quick update/let you know what’s coming up on the blog over the next few months. I hope you guys are excited – by the way, let me know any ideas you have for the giveaway. Remember, if anyone wants to collab, feel free to hit me up!