Hi honey, I’m home! (And catching up on everything I missed. I feel like my entire life is me catching up on things I’ve missed.) If you guys weren’t aware because your life doesn’t revolve around me and what I’m doing at any given time, I just got back from the beautiful Italy.
Which sucks because, guys, have you seen the British weather we’re having? It’s fucking freezing, I want a refund and a flight back out please.
Today’s post is the penultimate post in my Collab Month. Yes, I’m aware we’re now in May – but two of my posts last month (my giveaway and my collab month announcement) were both non-collabs . . . so technically I had two spaces spare. Plus, I didn’t manage to get my last week worth of collabs out. We’re really just making up for lost time.
I’m bringing this post to you with the absolutely wonderful Brooke from AuChatBleu, so go and take a read of her Travel Essentials. All her posts are so aesthetic and well-crafted; her blog is highly worth a follow.
My Travel Essentials For City Breaks
So I know that you guys are probably sick of my videos by now . . . but here’s one last video for the moment. One thing I have really enjoyed about creating more videos is the feedback on my editing. A lot of you guys have left me lovely comments and I massively appreciate them. I’m starting to find a style of editing that I like, so it’s good to know you guys like it too!
Anyways, without further ado . . .
- Facial sun cream (because I have oily skin and normal sun cream on my face will just break me out)
- Sunglasses. Perfect way to finish an outfit and they protect your vision. Plus, mama don’t want no eye wrinkles from squinting in the sun.
- Basic shirts and camis because we can all plan our outfits before we get there, but I can all-but guarantee you’ll end up using some of your basics. I bought a bunch of really nice dresses with me . . . I wore 2.
- Basic jeans – same rule as above. For me especially, I thought Italy was going to be like Paris (as in, dressy as fuck) so I bought some of my fancier items. It was actually super casual, so I ended up rocking jeans a couple of times.
- Jewellery to finish off your outfits!
- Small backpack and satchel. When you’re out and about, you’ll usually need to carry some things with you – I bring a slightly bigger backpack for days that I need to carry a coat or larger items with me, and a small satchel for the days I only need my purse and sunnies.
- Mario Badescu Acne Starter Kit. I like this because it a. works really well (read my review here!) and b. is all travel sized. Super convenient.
- Comfy shoes – trust me, you’ll need them.
- Facial cleansing brush to get out all the gunk your skin will collect on holiday. Especially during city breaks, you’ve got suncream, pollution, sweat and makeup all on your face. You want to be able to get all that shit out.
- Leather jacket. Leather jackets are a universal essential – just like jeans – so they’re a perfect way to blend in (and keep warm) wherever you go.
Okay so I was in Venice literally yesterday where the weather was all hot and beautiful…. I get home and it’s raining and in single figures 😭😭😭😭thanks Britain, it’s not like I wanted to keep my (admittedly very slight) tan 🙄 . . . #blogginggals #lifestyleblogger #venice #londonblogger #discoverunder1k #travelblogger #travelblog #wordpressblogger #instabloggers #instablog
I hope you guys enjoyed this ‘lil post – don’t forget to check out Brooke’s travel essentials too (her post is cute as fuck). What are your travel essentials? Also, can we please discuss how cute my suitcase is? (River Island, baby.) Did you enjoy the video? Let me know your thoughts below!